Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Giving Tree

See? I told you I would post more closer to Christmas! :)

I mentioned on Facebook a while ago about The Giving Tree on campus. The tag of a 5 y/o girl requested crafting stuff, and my fate was sealed. After a long, long, long few weeks of non-stop school stuff, I was finally able to dash off to Yakima and do a little Christmas shopping! I learned that I cannot be left alone in the kid's crafting section. Luckily, I was at Craft Warehouse that has super discounts... only a few items for this gift went over a dollar or two, plus coupons! This worked out for both of us. :)

The haul
I think this will keep those little hands busy for a while. Two cute outfits, glitter glue, crayons, colored pencils, friendship making kit, a TON of 12X12 paper, glue sticks, a book....

Beads! String! A nifty little bracelet making tool! What more could she want?!  
I really and truly wish these came in my size. The pockets are stitched with pink, blue, and silver sequins and the button is a huge diamond. With a matching purple shirt, of course! 
A close up. As you can tell, I am so excited for her!! :)

The second outfit. The little ruffled sleeves, scoop neck,  and pink leggings?! I die. 

All wrapped up. My mom taught me to always include a carrying case to keep everything in one place and keep their momma happy too. :) 

The final result!! The wrapping paper is the awesome double-sided stuff, so each gift looks unique, but still cohesive! 

My roommate brought me this little stocking filled with candy while I was wrapping. It matched so perfectly, I had to stick it on top!! ...sans delicious candy... :)
I could not be more happy with how well this gift came together. I hope she has a very Merry Christmas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you did SUCH a wonderful job.... and I'm proud of you for being such a giving girl! :)

    ReplyDelete