Friday, June 15, 2012

Drowning in Paper.

Two posts in one day- this is what happens when I go on a blogging hiatus for a few weeks due to finals and now I have so many things to share! 

Now that I have a Silhouette, my obsession with paper and card making has gone a bit overboard. Luckily, I have an enabling mom and we make a dangerous pair in a craft store. I'm pretty sure my paper storage box weighs at least 25 pounds. The only solution- make cards! I have used my Silhouette a ton since "Santa" brought it in December, and my favorite things to make are definitely cards. June has been a crazy month for card making (and studying for finals too!). Two birthday cards, four Father's day cards, and one graduation card later, I'm ready to share them with you. :) 

Look how beautiful this paper is!! Swoon! 

A birthday card for someone who likes butterflies and the color purple! If you happen to see this, act surprised for me at the end of the month, okay?? I've learned not to post gifts before they're given (I'm looking at you, mom!) but I'll make an exception because I love this card so much. 

I loved how this turned out. A birthday card for my cousin Larissa, given with rustic orange flowers and a jute-wrapped mason jar, sooooo cute! Per usual, the colors were brighter in person. I really need to figure out my camera.  
Father's Day Card- outside

Father's Day Card- Inside

"Dad's Stache" filled with Sweet & Spicy Candied Walnuts.
The father's day card pictured above was made twice, one for each mine and Adam's dads. I normally do not like making repeats of cards, but this one turned out so awesome I couldn't imagine making anything different. I was really worried that I would run out of candied walnuts before I filled both jars, so I bought two pounds of raw walnuts. I ended up stuffing the jars as full as they could go, and still had an entire mason jar full of leftovers. Not that I'm complaining about having delicious nuts hanging around. Yum :)

I also made a card for each of my Grandpas and for my cousin Josh's high school graduation but totally spaced on taking pictures. You'll have to trust that they were awesome too!

I am very seriously tossing around the idea of opening an Etsy shop with cards and whatever else I decide to make. Input?? 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you should Etsy! You are good! (But don't let it interfere with your Senior year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cruised around Etsy looking at the handmade cards.... yours are by far better than anything on there. You should ETSY! :)

    ReplyDelete