Saturday, June 30, 2012

Good Old Fashoned Fender-Bender

Do you believe in fate? Chain reactions? "Everything happens for a reason"?

I sure do. Whenever something happens I think "If I had spent 2 more minutes in the bathroom this morning, I would have missed this event completely". I couldn't help thinking about that yesterday after my car was backed into in a parking lot! :( Adam was having car problems, so I was on my way to help him. I decided to swing by 7-11 and drop off a Redbox. If I had decided to drop it off later in the day, or if I stopped at Starbucks first, this all could have been avoided. But unless I whip up a time machine, the damage is done.

After the wreck, the jerk that backed into me and ran around the parking lot looking for witnesses to tell the police it was all my fault. Some guy that watched it happen told the police that I was on my phone and wasn't paying attention. This made me absolutely furious because I was NOT on the phone!! Ugh. Since this all happened just yesterday, we don't know what is going to happen yet. All I know is my near-perfect little car is so ugly. :( The only saving grace is that this happened on the passenger's side, so I don't have to look at it every time I get in the car.

My poor, poor car. :( 

Just my luck- he had a ball hitch :-/ 
I do not handle car problems well. Adam's poor brother has seen me flipping out and crying after my car broke down last summer. Lucky for me, I have the best parents ever who always swoop in and solve my problems (extremely spoiled, I know). Mom was on the phone all day with the insurance company- thanks Mom!! Hopefully this all gets resolved soon.

I'm heading to my parent's house for a few weeks (or however long...). I'll get to hang out with my (four year old) puppy and have plans to help my Grandma in her garden! Now, I just have to pack.... 

1 comment: