Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Extravaganza!

After all the gift/card making and post office visits, Mother's Day has finally come and gone. I am crashed on the couch with a big mug of D&M coffee recovering from this weekend. Shopping and eating is hard work! Mom drove over to spend the weekend with her favorite daughter (the other one was left at home and ended up suffering from a golf ball to the head- ouch!). Mom got in late Friday afternoon and we started out our weekend by seeing The Five Year Engagement. The next day we got up at the crack of dawn (HA!) and made our way to the Ellensburg Farmer's Market. Before we could even make it to the market, I experienced massive trauma:

My worst fear came true!!
I always have a huge fear that I'm going to be pooped on by a passing bird- and it finally happened! I was innocently walking along when I felt a huge SPLAT. I am actually glad it hit my hand instead of the intended target- the inside of my purse! I forgot to put my watch on that morning, so this poop-bombing went about as smoothly as possible.

After washing up, we finally made it to the market! 

A beautiful day at the market. Cowboy hats, babies, and dogs were abundant. 

GORGEOUS tomatoes.

The farmer said sometimes smaller tomatoes grow together which makes for some strange looking tomatoes.

Mom looking at these awesome benches. I have a feeling these will make an appearance  in her backyard soon. 

So many gorgeous flowers.

A funky monster mug. 

We bought this awesome cat picture.
It was wrapped in plastic so it was a little hard to see, but the cat is out-of-focus staring at the birds.
We picked up some of those delicious tomatoes for dad.
 After the market, we made our way to Yakima for some shopping and lunch. I had been wanting to try this restaurant out- and it did not disappoint.

Creekside West Bar & Grille

We both had the Cranberry and Pear Turkey sandwich, and I had smoked tomato bisque.

And mom had sweet potato tots with hers- YUM. 
 After lunch, I may or may not have gotten us extremely lost. I missed a turn and we ended up in the middle of farm country. Eventually, I maneuvered us back into civilization and we went to The Garden Girl. I found this cute little shop a few years ago and have been meaning to take mom there for ages.

This is the outside- the picture really does not do it justice. Everything is so fresh, green, and stunning. 

Lillies!

This flower was wrapped around a tall trellis.

A giant gondola filled with flowers.

Mom poking around the flowers!

These were the most unique little vines I have ever seen. They're called  Angel Vines (or something like that??) 

Agh, the store has huge old windows that do not mesh well with picture taking. This table had a killer terrarium filled with lilies and ferns. In front of the terrarium are rusty miniature bikes- so cute! 

The rest of our trip consisted of Craft Warehouse, Target, Big Lots, and WalMart so there was nothing exciting to take pictures of. I do have a full pantry now, which is very nice! Mom bought a Chocolate Mint plant and accidentally left it behind, so now it's mine. :) My tasks for this week are planting a few random herbs and flowers I have accumulated over the past week or so and to figure out what the heck to do with garlic scrapes. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!





1 comment:

  1. Awww, love looking at these pictures. My Mother's Day weekend was wonderful! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete