Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day, Part Two

Disclaimer: if I know you as "Mom" or "Grandma", look no further! You'll see soon enough. :) 

Finally the weather has been nice enough for gardening! The wind, however, made being outside a little bit miserable but I powered through. I wanted to give these flowers a chance to grow a little before Mother's Day!
 I found the old wooden tool boxes at Thorp's and used my Silhouette to cut out a vinyl stencil. I really don't remember what my life was like "BS" (before Silhouette, hehe). 
The cast of characters: Pots (from last picture), soil (yes, I did tote this GIANT bag all the way up the stairs!), and a variety of pretty flowers. 


Small solar lights (in the watering can) and Starbucks of course... :) 

The flowers took on a purple/white/yellow theme. I HAD to have alssums, they smell so unbelievably good!

The finished product! (Sorry, no pictures of both my porch and myself covered in a thick layer of dirt)
The alyssums will soon drape over the edge, so pretty! 
The solar lights look so cute at night. I love them. 
My gardening attire- sweats and socks my parents brought me from Utah (I think?)

My happy little porch!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! That's a great idea, and I love the little added light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! At night it looks like "water light", like the lights that reflect off a pool. I'm having second thoughts about giving these away. ;)

    ReplyDelete