Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Olivia, Olivia, Olivia!

First off- Adam's mom loves Olivia the Pig. She even has a cute little nook of a guestroom completely dedicated to Olivia that I frequently stay in! When I ran across the entire Olivia line in the Silhouette store, I knew I had to make her an Olivia themed Mother's Day card! Plus, breaking out all my crafting supplies is an excellent way to get over my homework-induced headache. Without further adieu...

I used my sketch pen and Silhouette's free shape of the week. The pen is about to start sketching Olivia. 
I get too excited and in the "crafting zone", so that's the only picture of the process. Sorry if you were looking forward to seeing my room covered in scrap paper and little glue balls! ;) 

The finished product!! The colors are much more vivid in person, but per usual the card wasn't finished until late at night with awful lighting. 
This card is totally her style. A bit eclectic with crazy patterns, bold colors, a little sparkle, and a pig for good measure. When asking Adam what he was contributing to his mom's gift, he responded with something along the lines of "my gift to her is YOU because you make her cute things". I'll take that as half a compliment. :) 

3 comments:

  1. That card is so cute! And I think there must be something in those Sykes boys' genes that makes them answer question exactly like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG?! SO CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete